- Back to Home »
- 52weeks , Coptic , Family »
- Three Things I Should Probably Write About
Posted by : (Tasoni)
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Things I should probably write about but can't, for some reason:
1. The 52 Weeks of Blogging topic I stalled at ("If I were to win the lottery...")
I can't write about this because I honestly can't figure out what to say. Do I answer as an independent woman? As a wife, mother, and daughter? As a priest's wife? What answers are most self-less? Because what I would do with a lot of money all on my own pretty much doesn't matter because I'm married. I love, respect, and trust my husband and his judgment, and I would want to consult with him deeply about what to do with millions of dollars. And no I can't "just answer the question" because I'm somewhat superstitious about things like this and wouldn't want to jinx anything. I'm also initially too OCD to skip a topic. Though I am seriously considering that this might just be an excuse!
2. The Situation in Egypt
The situation in Egypt currently is beyond horrific, and people's reactions on both sides are beyond horrific, and I honestly can't bear to talk about it. Not to mention that most (read: all) Egyptians would not like what I would have to say.
3. My Daughter's First Day of School
How can I write about this generally happy topic when topic #2 is so terribly beyond horrific? It seems selfish and certainly self-centered.
Maybe I will try to work things out emotionally to get up some kind of post.
1. The 52 Weeks of Blogging topic I stalled at ("If I were to win the lottery...")
I can't write about this because I honestly can't figure out what to say. Do I answer as an independent woman? As a wife, mother, and daughter? As a priest's wife? What answers are most self-less? Because what I would do with a lot of money all on my own pretty much doesn't matter because I'm married. I love, respect, and trust my husband and his judgment, and I would want to consult with him deeply about what to do with millions of dollars. And no I can't "just answer the question" because I'm somewhat superstitious about things like this and wouldn't want to jinx anything. I'm also initially too OCD to skip a topic. Though I am seriously considering that this might just be an excuse!
2. The Situation in Egypt
The situation in Egypt currently is beyond horrific, and people's reactions on both sides are beyond horrific, and I honestly can't bear to talk about it. Not to mention that most (read: all) Egyptians would not like what I would have to say.
3. My Daughter's First Day of School
How can I write about this generally happy topic when topic #2 is so terribly beyond horrific? It seems selfish and certainly self-centered.
Maybe I will try to work things out emotionally to get up some kind of post.

I think of you every time someone shows a picture of a church in Egypt that has been burned and my heart aches for you.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jen. Please keep them all in your prayers.
DeleteI was really curious about how you would answer the 52 weeks of blogging question, for the very same reasons as you were struggling with it! Now I'm curious as to what it is you have to say on the Egypt situation...
ReplyDelete