- Back to Home »
- 52weeks »
- If I Could Be Anything in the World (52 Weeks)
Posted by : (Tasoni)
Monday, August 26, 2013
If I could be anything in the world, I would be the experienced, kind and patient, and very astute with fundraising, head of a Coptic-style orphanage in the United States.
A group home that is actually a home. A place where desperate dreams of being adopted are replaced with a very real feeling that this place is my home, these people are my family, and we belong together.
A group home where a child stays for years, preferably forever. Where children can't be snatched up and moved from city to city every time they cause trouble. A place a child feels like he wants to return to after he's done with college and has a job. A place where one generation helps the next, helps the next, helps the next all the way down the line. A place where no one is an unwanted child.
And I would somehow know how to deal with each child's depression, drug abuse, and other scars of the past in wise and balanced ways. And at the same time, I would be a community promotion genius--able to make long, inspiring speeches at city council meetings, for example. I would know how to make the right decision at every turn. I would have a 100% success rate at turning abandoned children into strong, balanced, achieving adults.
Yep. And of course, your next question is "Why are't you?"
A group home that is actually a home. A place where desperate dreams of being adopted are replaced with a very real feeling that this place is my home, these people are my family, and we belong together.
A group home where a child stays for years, preferably forever. Where children can't be snatched up and moved from city to city every time they cause trouble. A place a child feels like he wants to return to after he's done with college and has a job. A place where one generation helps the next, helps the next, helps the next all the way down the line. A place where no one is an unwanted child.
And I would somehow know how to deal with each child's depression, drug abuse, and other scars of the past in wise and balanced ways. And at the same time, I would be a community promotion genius--able to make long, inspiring speeches at city council meetings, for example. I would know how to make the right decision at every turn. I would have a 100% success rate at turning abandoned children into strong, balanced, achieving adults.
Yep. And of course, your next question is "Why are't you?"

A beautiful dream... and who knows what the future holds? (Maybe even a 100% success rate :D)
ReplyDeleteI think this dream is too much to ask for. For once, you cannot be experienced without having some mistakes. You can definitely decrease the percentage of wrong decisions if you are willing to learn from other's past experiences as well as from your own mistakes; but not to 0%. I think that you have been doing well so far, based on what you other writings in your blog say and based on what I know about you. It is good to seek after perfection; however, it is equally good to accept the success that the Lord is giving you and be grateful for it. I am sure that the Lord will guide your steps all the way to the best possible outcome. I love you.
ReplyDelete